So it was June the last time I blogged, we had just moved into our new office, and we were busy planning our Fall Tour of events. With the close to 50 events we provided, I believe most of them were a huge success. Now as we plan our Spring Calendar, I hope for similar results. We'll get to the spring hopefully in the next blog, but for now, let's look back at a few highlights from the 2011 Fall Tour:
- For the first time, we started the Fall Tour before classes even began with a President's Cookout & Outdoor Movie Night the evening before classes started. We didn't know what to expect, but were pleasantly surprised with more than 800 students in attendance. Definitely something we'll look at doing again.
- Movin' & Shakin' was another success with an estimated 2,000 students in attendance followed by another standing room only crowd (450+) for Hypnotist Brian Imbus later that week.
- With the remodeling of Iowa Hall, we have a great new area for live music, Bingo, & more. Our daytime events near Sammy's Cafe all went well and had several students participate.
- September consisted of many educational and informational events, mixed in with some comedy, athletics, and community service.
- October brought Eagle Spirit Day, more community service, movies, & music, and a huge crowd for the Halloween Bash.
- November started off with a new event, "Sammy's Birthday Bash" where we gave out more than 320 pieces of birthday cake and ice cream to celebrate our school mascot's 35th birthday. The month continued with a fundraiser for the United Way, the annual Glow Party, and more.
- December has been a short month with finals and a handful of activities, but was highlighted with the 441 Angel Tags that were filled, a new record at Kirkwood (and community wide).
- In all, close to 50 events provided a wide variety of fun and excitement, several great community service projects, and another Fall Tour in the books. Now we get to start the planning for next year :)
Have a great holiday season everyone!